Please read this policy carefully before using our website or the Kanexa™ platform.
This policy explains how MPN Technologies LLC (“MPNT,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), collects, uses, shares, or otherwise processes information that we collect through our website or our proprietary platform Kanexa (the “Platform”).
MPNT determines the purposes and means of the processing of your personal information as described in this policy, and therefore acts as a ‘data controller’ (or such equivalent term as used under applicable data privacy laws) of such information.
In some cases, there may be more than one data controller processing your personal information (for example, your employer). In these situations, we determine how your personal information will be processed independently from such other data controllers, who will have their own obligations under applicable data privacy laws. MPNT is not responsible for other data controllers’ processing activities, and should you have any questions about how they process your personal information or how to exercise your privacy rights in relation to such processing, you will need to contact them directly.
This policy does not apply where MPNT processes personal information as a processor or service provider on behalf of our customers from their use of the Platform. In such cases, the privacy statement of our customer who uses the Platform applies instead of this policy, and our processing of such personal information is governed by our agreements with such customers. If you have concerns about personal information that we process on behalf of a customer, or wish to exercise your privacy rights regarding such personal information, please contact the customer directly. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of other businesses.
Personal information we may collect
Information you give us. You may give us information about you when using our website or the Platform, such as:
- by filling in forms (including for marketing communications)
- when creating an account or logging in
- by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, chat, or otherwise
- when you report a problem
- your contact details (phone number, address, email address)
- technical information, including device type, the IP address as part of our sign in and security features, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system
- information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream (including date and time), webpage identifier, what you viewed or searched for, page response times, errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), metadata information about the payload and page, and analytical data.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us
- provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
- provide customer support
- personalize your experience
- contact you about your account
- notify you about changes to our services
- marketing and advertising purposes
- create aggregate, anonymized statistics for use in improving and developing our products and services
- improve and develop our products and services and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- keep our website and the Platform safe and secure
- enforce our Terms of Service or other agreements
- comply with or exercise our rights in relation to any applicable law, regulation or legal process
- our legitimate business interests, and those of our customers
- performing our obligations under a contract, or making pre-contract arrangements, with you
- legal and regulatory compliance
- in some cases where we send you promotional material by email we obtain your consent as a legal basis to processing your personal information.
- business partners, service providers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services – including companies that assist us with our technology offerings, such as a hosting, generative AI providers, security or anti-fraud providers
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our products and services
- if we have your permission to do so
- to third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets
- to other companies in our MPNT group of companies
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the terms applicable to the Platform
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of MPNT, our users, or others
- We may transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission or the UK Government from time to time.
- We may transfer your personal information to countries that have not been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission or the UK Government – provided that, in these cases: (i) we may use specific appropriate safeguards approved by the European Commission and the UK Government, which are designed to give personal information the same protection it has in the EEA/UK (for example, requiring the recipient of personal information to enter into the relevant form of the so-called ‘Standard Contractual Clauses’ issued or approved from time to time); or (ii) in very limited circumstances, we may rely on an exception, or ‘derogation’, which permits us to transfer your information to such country despite the absence of an ‘adequacy decision’ or ‘appropriate safeguards’ – for example, reliance on your explicit consent to that transfer.
- the right to be informed about the personal data we collect, how your personal data is being used, and from whom we collect your personal data if we obtain it from other sources
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal data we hold about you
- the right to request the blocking or deletion of your personal data in some circumstances
- the right to request that we port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- the right to object to us processing your personal data
- the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your data
The information you give us will depend on the circumstances but, as you are providing the information to us, you will always know what information we are receiving.
Information we collect about you. We, and our service providers, may collect information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction with our website or the Platform, such as:
Information we receive from other sources. If you use the Platform while working for one of our customers, we will receive information (such as your email address and phone number, to create an account for you) from that customer. We may receive your name and contact details from partners who identify for us potential customers for our services. If your access to the Platform is provided by or through a non-MPNT account/service, we will receive information from the provider of that account/service according to your settings with such provider.
Uses of your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
Legal basis for our processing of personal information
We rely upon the following legal grounds as a basis for processing your personal information:
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with the following, selected third parties:
We may disclose your personal information to certain third parties in the following circumstances:
Our commitment to information security
All information you provide to us is stored on the secure servers of our service providers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to website or the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
MPNT is an international business. Your personal information may be shared with our affiliated companies and certain third parties who are based within the United States of America, the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
If you are a resident of the UK or EEA, whenever we transfer your personal information out of the UK or EEA, we will ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
Please contact us at [email protected] if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK or EEA.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal information for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of a dispute in respect to our relationship with you. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal information. If you are a resident of the UK or EEA, you may have the following rights and choices:
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please email us at [email protected].
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance at [email protected]. In the UK, our legal representative is MPN Technologies Limited (at Suite 1, 7th Floor, 50 Broadway, London SW1H 0DB).